WD® Custom Pickguards Instructions for Tracings and Ordering
Ordering your WD® Custom Pickguard can be a seemingly daunting task without knowing where to start. If you are looking for a pickguard template that is not available on our website you can start by sending in a tracing of your existing pickguard according to the instructions below. If you are looking to modify a standard WD® Custom Pickguard, you may not need to send in a tracing at all, just speak to a master craftsman for specific instructions based on your application.
If you have any questions at all or you're having trouble deciding which model you need to start with before you begin your custom modifications, don't hesitate to speak with one of our master craftsmen directly via email at email@example.com, or via phone at 800.449.9348 ext#826. Please note, our pickguard offices are open Mon-Fri 9-5 EST, all messages received after business hours will be replied to in the order they are received the following business day.Custom Pickguard Order Form:
Please complete the form found below. This completed form must be included with your custom pickguard tracing.
Download Custom Pickguard Order Form
For a full list of pickguard materials, please click here.
- Please use only a clean, sharp-pointed writing instrument such as a pencil, pen, or fine tip roller pen.(Do not use magic markers or anything with a wide tip)
- Please trace carefully, top side up, on a piece of paper (Standard printer/copier paper is recommended. You may tape two pieces of paper together for oversized guards. (Please do not use napkins, tracing paper, corrugated cardboard, etc.) Faxes and photocopies are not acceptable.
- Please do not cut out the tracing once completed. Be sure to trace everything cut into the pickguard. (Pickup holes, switch slots, potentiometer holes, mounting screw holes and pickup height adjustment screw holes). If you are deleting, relocating or changing electronics on the pickguard, place them in the positions required. Pickup changes must show exact locations, dimensions and manufacturer.
- Please do not send a box with your tracing. You may fold the paper and mail it in a standard business envelope.
- Please note: Tracings are processed in the order they are received during business hours. Tracings are usually processed within 3-5 business days.
Please note: Your custom guard can only be as good as your tracing, so take your time and follow the above instructions, as custom pickguards (non-standard templates) are non-returnable.
Please Send Tracings To:
WD® Music Products, Inc.
17570 N. Tamiami Trail Suite 1
North Fort Myers, FL 33903